Friday, March 5, 2010

Run for Haiti


After the disastrous earthquake that struck Haiti in January, many charities, celebrities, countries, basically everybody, raised money and joined forces to offer relief. The running community of New York came together on February the 20th to support the cause. The New York Road Runners (NYRR) organized (in collaboration with the City), a 4 mile charity run and walk in Central Park. Over $400,000 was raised! All runners and walkers paid $40 which went straight to the Haiti relief funds.
The race was crowded, so running full out wasn't possible. I enjoyed the Haiti Run though! Yes, there were lots of people ahead of me who should have been behind me when lining up, so I just ran through them Nice weather, good vibe and we had a nice and spontaneous small post-race get together with some Harriers at Lansky's where we were treated like VIPS!
It was only my 2nd 4 mile run in half a year and I was hoping for a time around 30 minutes, so I was very happy to see my actual time.

No comments:

Post a Comment