Saturday, November 13, 2010

I did it!



It was an absolute blast! I will definitely always cherish my very first marathon experience! I felt so lucky with teammates, friends, colleagues and family all being part of the cheering and time tracking experience, I felt the love :-)

"I did it!" first words at finish plus some tears behind my sunglasses! All goals for my very first marathon accomplished! Sub-4, enjoyed it thoroughly and did not have to stop or walk. It almost felt like a birthday or graduation day, so special! From waiting before the start with teammates until celebrating late at night. When I got closer to the Harrier Zone, I had butterflies in my stomach, since it was a dream come true to represent the Harriers in my first marathon in the city I call home. Thank you to all Harriers out there cheering, running and encouraging each other. Congratulations to all finishers, amazing results! Special thanks to the spreadsheet masters, coach K and to my sista who helped me plan my training and dealing with an injury early in the program, making sure I would be able to run injury-free on Nov 7th! Our team is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment